Today’s market presents a great choice of ceramic tiles, which can be classified as:
• wall tiles
• floor tiles
• for outdoor design
There are several production technologies of ceramic tiles:
• bicottura (pressing and double baking);
• monocottura and monoporosa (pressing and single baking);
• clinker (formation by extrusion).
The most common are bicottura, monocottura (including monoporosa) and gres.
Pollux offers several solutions for professional quality cutting of ceramic tiles and porcelain gres with regards to their physical properties and different production technologies.
For those who work with tile, precise and clean cut is always important. In today’s world, the quality of tile work is under high expectations:
• Pay attention to spindle condition of the angle grinder. When turning on in idle mode without mounting flange and clumping nut, make sure of no extraneous noise and vibra-tions;
• On the mounting flange in place of its contact with spindle should not be any uneven and nicked spots. If there are vibrations with blades on, try to turn the mounting flange on the spindle;
• Attach the blade by using the nut, turn on the angle grinder, and make sure there is no radial run-out. Very often loosening the nut and turning the blade in relation to the mounting flange minimizes the radial run-out;
• Every mounting-dismounting of the blade on the angle grinder can cause the run-out. Displacement of the blade relative to the spindle even for 0.05 mm can cause chipping on the working surface. This forces the cutter to perform a run in on the processed material;
• Never apply excess force to the blade while cutting;
• Never work without protective guard and protective glasses, as sharp fragments of ceramic residue can cause injury.
Given recommendations can allow you to perform professional and precise cuts on ceramic tiles and porcelain gres using angle grinder without cooling liquid.If the resulted quality of the cut is not enough, you should use a table saw (see next chapter).
#concrete #diamondtools #diamonddrilling #demolition #constructionequipment #diamondsawing #concretefloor #reinforcedconcrete #concretecutting #constructionmaterials #concretecutting #brickcutting #cuttingwalls #constructionuk #ukconstruction #buildersuk #drillingholes